Here are just some of the questions that residents often call City Hall for. 

 Who can I call about my garbage services?

The City's garbage needs are met by Tennis Sanitation.  They can be reached at (651) 459-1887.




 I have a (mattress, couch, air conditioner) that I'd like to get rid of. Will Tennis Sanitation take it?

The following items are covered under the City's hauler contract, and will be taken without charge:


Air Conditioners
Water Conditioners
Water Heaters
Holiday Trees (one per household/year)

Call City Hall at (651) 439-4439 with any questions.




 I would like to construct a residential development or build a new area for a business. What do I need to know?

Your first step when considering a new development or commercial construction is to contact the building department and ask for a copy of Oak Park Heights' Development Handbook.  This packet details all the items required for a development application, and it answers many of the potential questions you may have.  The Development Handbook is also available online.  Click on Forms & Handouts on the toolbar. 




 I'd like to dig a hole in my yard, where are the wires located?

Call Gopher State One Call at least two (2) business days before digging.  Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. - Fri.  Call (651) 454-0002.





 I'm moving in/out of Oak Park Heights, how do I alter my Utility Billing?

Call City Hall to finalize or initialize your utility billing at (651) 439-4439.




 I'm not registered to vote yet, how can I become an active citizen?

Voter registration forms are available at City Hall, at the Washington County Government Center, and online at www.sos.state.mn.us.




 I'm performing construction work on a structure in Oak Park Heights, do I need a permit?

Typically, the answer is yes.  To ensure the quality of the work and the safety of the construction, plan reviews and inspections are often required.  This work is paid for through the permit fee.  This fee varies for most projects, as it is based off of the total value of the work performed.  Please contact the Office of the Building Inspector at (651) 439-4439 to begin the process. 




 What are the City's common fees, rates, and charges?

There are several different types of permits and miscellaneous fees that the City charges depending on your project.  Please click here to review the fee schedule.






 Where can I vote in Oak Park Heights?

Residents of the City of Oak Park Heights vote at City Hall, 14168 Oak Park Boulevard North.



 I will be out of town on election day, can I get an absentee ballot?

You are allowed to vote by absentee ballot in the State of Minnesota.  Please contact the Washington County Government Center at 651-430-6175 to have an absentee ballot application sent to you or download the application at https://www.co.washington.mn.us/670/Absentee-Voting.  You may also vote in person at the Washington County Government Center, 14949 62nd Street North.  




 Where is my local license center, and what services do they provide?

Washington County provides three centers for licensing:

Forest Lake

19955 Forest Road

Forest Lake, MN 55025

M, W, F - 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tu, Th - 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(651) 275-7333



River Heights Plaza
1520 W. Frontage Road
M, Th, F - 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tu, W - 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sat - 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
(651) 430-6176



City Hall
Valley Creek Road & Radio Drive
Tu, Th, F - 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
M, W - 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(651) 714-3780


The following services are provided at all locations:

Cross Country Ski Licenses
Disability License Plate Applications & Parking Permits
Drivers Licenses & Renewals
Game & Fish Licenses
License Plates and Stickers for cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, & trailers
Maps of Washington County
Marriage Licenses
Motor Vehicle Title Transfers
Notarial Filings
Park Permits
Passports & Passport Photos
Watercraft Titling, Registration & Transfers
ATV & Snowmobile Registration & Transfers


The following services are provided at Forest Lake & Woodbury locations only:

Homestead Regular Application


The following services are provided at the Stillwater location only:

Auctioneer Licenses
Beer Licenses
Birth Certificates
Dance Permits
Dangerous Dogs Permits
Death Certificates
Fireworks Display Permits
Gambling Licenses
Hawker's & Peddler's Licenses
Liquor Licenses
Ministerial Filings
Precious Metals
Transient Merchant's Licenses